Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Game Level

Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Alex Galuzin's Game Level Guideline Questionairre

Thieves’ Paradise
GAME TYPE
1. Single Player or Multiplayer?
Single Player
2. Game Type?
Action Stealth Game
3. What game is this map for?
The map is an over view for an open world action stealth game where the objective is to sneak into places and steal high valued corporate information such as research documents and chemical formulas.
The level selected is the Atlantis Hotel in Dubai.
STORY
4. Story behind the map. Why are the players there? Why is the place/environment there? Write the history of the environment.
The story is that the map is that Dubai is a global destination and attracts the world’s most high powered companies that show interest in developing the latest technologies. There is a new technologies conference being held in town bringing with it a wealth of information that could be worth billions to the right customer. What better place for a thief to go? One of the thief’s targets is staying at the Atlantis Hotel. Your objective is to travel the area and figure a way into the target’s room.
5. What is this map about?
This map is about finding one of the multiple paths into the target’s hotel room, find and extract the information, followed by an escape.

PRE-PRO & GAMEPLAY


6. What is the objective of the map?

7. Do I have a top down sketch?

8. Do I have a top down player path sketch?

9. How would the player to play through your map? Visualize this.
What experiences do I want the player to walk away with from the map?

10. How big is the map?


11. Who is my audience? Who is the player? What is my Demographic?

12. How will I make the map memorable?

13. Do I have location concept sketches?

VISUALS

14. Photo Reference?

15. What is the time of day of the map? Season? Color?

16. Feel and Atmosphere. Describe what I want to portray in terms of the feel of the map and atmosphere.

17. How will I direct the player? What methods will I use? Color? Noise and Sound? Guide the player without telling them where to go. Smart design.

18. What am I going to concentrate on? What do I want to learn when I am finished? What aspect of design, gameplay, fun, crazy, atmosphere?

19. What is the visual trademark of your level? How will the players remember the map?


Hub Map


Level: Atlantis Hotel


 Reference Map from the Dubai Atlantis


Reference Photos


Atmosphere: during night

 

Lobby entrance


Hallways




Target room


No comments:

Post a Comment